Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Shed - Day 8 - L'abri- Jour 8


Watercolor 13*16 inches on Montval paper
From Steve Lyddon's photo in Paint My Photo

Aquarelle, 32*41 cm sur papier Montval
A partir de la photo de Steve Lyddon sur Paint My Photo.

The artwork for day 8 will be found here.
This watercolor I worked in a different process. I didn't draw at the beginning, playing with the color itself to draw, and rather enjoying the liberty of it.

Les peintures du 8e jour pourront être vues ici.
Pour cette aquarelle, j'ai utilisé un processus différent de ce que je fais d'habitude. Au lieu de commencer par dessiner et d'appliquer la couleur ensuite, j'ai dessiné directement en couleur, avec le pinceau, repassant avec différentes couleurs pour affiner les formes. Cette liberté de trait est très agréable à pratiquer. .

6 comments:

Meredith Adler said...

I think you have a nice knack with color. I left you a comment on the painting before this one, too. Always fun to discover a new artist I like. Thanks for answering the questions on my blog--sounds like we all have similar reasons for being involved in the challenge. I am looking forward to seeing new work. And by the way, thanks so much for the English translation on your posts!

Annie Jolivet-Vilbois said...

Thank you so much for your kind comments, Meredith!

Mimi Torchia Boothby said...

nice painting! It's nice to see another watercolor painter in this challenge.

Annie Jolivet-Vilbois said...

Thank you Mimi! Yes, the majority of the participants seems to use oil.

Bhavani said...

Beautiful. I love the use of purple throughout the scene.

Annie Jolivet-Vilbois said...

Thank you Bhavani! I'm in love with my dioxazine purple :-)