Friday, January 31, 2014

30 paintings in 30 days wrap up - Bilan des 30 tableaux en 30 jours

Collage of my 30 paintings in 30 days.
Collage de mes 30 tableaux en 30 jours.


The collages of all the painters having participated in the challenge are to been seen here.
Les collages de tous les artistes ayant participé au défi sont visibles ici.

So what's the results of the 30 paintings in 30 days challenge for me. On the plus side I have painted and posted in one month more than ever. I did subjects I never did before, like landscapes and a market scene. I really enjoyed being stretched and having to discover new solutions to my painting problems. On the minus side, I regretted not having more time on some paintings. I will perhaps re-use the photo references to explore it further. At some times, I wished to be able to do more complex scenes too. But I can now apply my newly acquired skills to these objectives. As a whole a very positive experience. Many thanks to Leslie Saeta to have launched and hosted this challenge!

Quels sont donc les résultats de ce défi des 30 peintures en 30 jours pour moi. Ce qui est positif: j'ai peint et posté en un mois plus que je n'ai jamais fait. J'ai peint des sujets que je n'avais jamais abordé auparavant comme des paysages et une scène de marché. J'ai beaucoup apprécié être poussée dans mes retranchements et avoir à trouver des solutions à mes problèmes techniques. Ce qui est moins positif: j'ai regretté de ne pas avoir plus de temps sur certains tableaux. Je réutiliserai peut-être certaines photos de référence afin de les approfondir. J'aurais aussi voulu pouvoir faire des scènes plus complexes. Mais je peux aujourd'hui appliquer mes progrès techniques à ces scènes. Dans l'ensemble, l'expérience était très positive. Mille mercis à Leslie Saeta pour avoir initié et hébergé ce défi!

10 comments:

Meredith Adler said...

Hard to believe it's over, but I am so glad I met you this month during the Challenge. I love seeing your collage--it brings back many happy memories of the month. Great work, Annaig!

Srishti said...

Wow! Lovely colors! Great work! Congratulations!

Renee Brennan said...

Nice work all around!! congratulations Annaig :)

Annie Jolivet-Vilbois said...

Thank you Meredith, Srishti and Renee!
Happy to have met you too, Meredith!

Anne Winthrop Cordin said...

Congratulations, the collage looks great. I've enjoyed "discovering" you through your blog.

Annie Jolivet-Vilbois said...

Thanks so much, Anne!

Jane Hoppe said...

Beautiful paintings, Annaig. I like your style!

Annie Jolivet-Vilbois said...

Many thanks, Jane!

Unknown said...

Do you take requests?

Annie Jolivet-Vilbois said...

Yes, sometimes I do :)